Rema Foods is a leading global food importer and supplier focused on providing unique specialty items as well as broader commodity based products. Privately held and family owned, Rema Foods, founded in 1964, has been a leading supplier to some of the largest restaurant, foodservice, retail and manufacturing companies throughout the United States and around the world. Our extensive range of both shelf-stable and frozen products spans over 1,000 unique items. Whether it is an origin specific extra virgin olive oil, a unique French mustard, or customized canned tuna, our global reach and team of over 100 import specialists enables us to consistently deliver valuable and highly customized solutions for both private label and branded customers.
Through our strong relationships with leading producers around the world, we have built a highly diversified catalog of products sourced from culinary hotspots including Italy, France, Thailand, Vietnam, Greece, Holland, Germany, India, Turkey, Spain, Indonesia, Peru, Chile, China, Japan, Mexico, Canada, the United States, and more.
Our team of food safety and quality assurance experts work diligently to ensure the consistent quality of our products in every stage of the supply chain. Through working directly with the growers and manufacturing facilities, you can be certain that the items you purchase meet strict food safety and specification standards.
Our diverse team of over one hundred import professionals offer a unique skill set dedicated to ensuring product objectives are seamlessly achieved. Through offering innovative items that address, ingredient trends, food waste, price, labor, storage and back of house pain points – sourcing consistently high quality commodity items – customizing storage, transportation and logistical solutions or generating private label specs and artwork, Rema Foods prides itself on offering broad business solutions specifically tailored to each and every customer.
- Over 50 years of direct relationships with industry leading growers and manufacturers from around the world
- Robust global network enables us to quickly formulate and source items based on your business needs
- Internal product development team assists in customizing specs to ensure product attributes, ingredients, and pack size fit your needs
- Product development and innovation team customizes and formulates items to reflect market demands and assists in providing on trend product solutions
- Full Category Management capabilities
- Private label programs supported by our in-house label management team
- Diverse packer label portfolio aimed at addressing different quality tiers and price points
- Custom packaging capabilities based on customer needs and cost priorities
- Foreign currency management solutions
- Latest market information and intelligence
- Full range of sales support tailored to your needs
- Sales and product portfolio analytics and solutions designed to generate growth
- All plants are third party audited and are GFSI, BRC or IFS compliant
- Fully FSMA compliant
- Rigorous product sampling and evaluation programs ensure specifications are consistently met
- Strict new vendor approval process
- First C-TPAT (Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) approved import company in the field Ownership of all US Customs & FDA clearance requirements
- Ownership of all US Customs & FDA clearance requirements and documentation
- Flexible and personalized supply chain logistics customized to fit your business model
- Manage all aspects of order and inventory management for over 40 domestic warehouses
- Assistance with all forecasting needs– guaranteeing the highest fill rate at the lowest cost through accurate and efficient buying and safety stock levels
- Established national program for easy trucking and redistribution to all of your fulfillment centers
- Leverage our scale and diversified direct supply chain to establish low cost programs
- Financing of overseas and domestic supply chains